On February 17, 2022, the Inn hosted an Ethics presentation related to various issues concerning both In-House & Outside Counsel! The presentation is outlined below.
Archive for Ethics
Ethics in the Practice of Intellectual Property – June 3, 2020
For this Seattle IP Inn of Court virtual meeting, Group 5 presented Ethics in the Practice of Intellectual Property. The presentation covered important ethical considerations for the practice of intellectual property law. The discussion included a review of applicable rules and case law, as well as interactive question and answer scenarios. Thank you for your presentation, Group 5!
Representation Versus Creation: Where is the Line, and Who Owns What? – February 21, 2019
The Seattle IP Inn of Court hosted and welcomed the Washington State Patent Law Association (WSPLA) to the meeting. Group 4 assembled a panel to discuss the ethics implications and potential conflicts when lawyers’ representation of clients and scopes of duties intersect with IP.
- James Barker, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- Ben Byer, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Harold Federow, Port of Seattle
- Doug Stewart, Bracewell LLP
The program included discussion of the following topics:
- Patent attorneys as inventors
- Trademark attorneys as mark creators
- Litigators’ acceptance of ownership as part of their fee
- Panel discussion regarding general ethical concerns when attorneys contribute to clients’ IP
- Q & A for the panel
Thank you for your ethics presentation, Group 4! Thank you for attending, WSPLA members!