On February 17, 2022, the Inn hosted an Ethics presentation related to various issues concerning both In-House & Outside Counsel! The presentation is outlined below.
Archive for Ethics
For this Seattle IP Inn of Court virtual meeting, Group 5 presented Ethics in the Practice of Intellectual Property. The presentation covered important ethical considerations for the practice of intellectual property law. The discussion included a review of applicable rules and case law, as well as interactive question and answer scenarios. Thank you for your presentation, Group 5!
The Seattle IP Inn of Court hosted and welcomed the Washington State Patent Law Association (WSPLA) to the meeting. Group 4 assembled a panel to discuss the ethics implications and potential conflicts when lawyers’ representation of clients and scopes of duties intersect with IP.
- James Barker, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- Ben Byer, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Harold Federow, Port of Seattle
- Doug Stewart, Bracewell LLP
The program included discussion of the following topics:
- Patent attorneys as inventors
- Trademark attorneys as mark creators
- Litigators’ acceptance of ownership as part of their fee
- Panel discussion regarding general ethical concerns when attorneys contribute to clients’ IP
- Q & A for the panel
Thank you for your ethics presentation, Group 4! Thank you for attending, WSPLA members!