The Seattle IP Inn of Court hosted and welcomed the Washington State Patent Law Association (WSPLA) to the meeting. Group 4 assembled a panel to discuss the ethics implications and potential conflicts when lawyers’ representation of clients and scopes of duties intersect with IP.
- James Barker, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- Ben Byer, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Harold Federow, Port of Seattle
- Doug Stewart, Bracewell LLP
The program included discussion of the following topics:
- Patent attorneys as inventors
- Trademark attorneys as mark creators
- Litigators’ acceptance of ownership as part of their fee
- Panel discussion regarding general ethical concerns when attorneys contribute to clients’ IP
- Q & A for the panel
Thank you for your ethics presentation, Group 4! Thank you for attending, WSPLA members!